PIVOTAL POINTS & KEVIN BRIGGS
Kevin Briggs is a retired Sergeant with the California Highway Patrol, mainly working the Golden Gate Bridge area during his 23-year career. The Golden Gate Bridge, while one of a kind and beautiful, also carries a dark side – it is sadly a place where many people, since its opening in May 1937, have chosen to end their life. Kevin’s law enforcement experiences on the bridge responding to calls for assistance are insightful and informative, as he dealt with numerous individuals who were over the rail – many off their medications, dealing with life circumstances that were overwhelming, or feeling they were out of hope.
Kevin is a trained and experienced speaker with the goal of raising awareness about mental health and wellness, crisis management, and suicide prevention. He delivers his message by sharing his personal story and experiences, as well as tools he developed to assist with crises, that can be used by anyone. His talks are inspiring and educational while encouraging help-seeking and reducing prejudice and discrimination related to mental health.
WHO CAN BENEFIT
- Mental Health / Substance Abuse Professionals and Organizations
- Mental Health Affiliated Groups
- First Responders
- Universities / Colleges / High Schools
- Community Services Organizations
- Law Enforcement / Hostage and/or Crisis Negotiators
- Religious Groups
- Psychiatric and Medical Professionals / Groups
- Philanthropic Organizations
- Crisis Management Organizations